THE 2007 AERC LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL, TRANSGENDER, QUEER & ALLIES (LGBTQ&A) PRE-CONFERENCE
Mount Saint Vincent University
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
9:30am – 3:00pm
André P. Grace (email@example.com)
Bob Hill (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kristopher Wells (email@example.com)
Contributors to this volume discuss building safe and inclusive work and learning environments for adults related to sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression. Themes discussed include:
· Building knowledge, skills, tools, and resources to identify sexual-minority needs;
· Cultivating LGBTQ networks and allied groups in work settings;
· Dismantling the lavender ceiling that prevents sexual-minority mobility in organizations;
· Interrogating heterosexual privilege and fighting homophobia;
· Designing and implementing nonharassment and antidiscrimination policies;
· Achieving domestic partner benefits; and
· Building best practices into organizational strategies.
Authors in this issue have been invited to present their chapters at the conference. In addition, we extend an open invitation to others who would like to present a paper on this or a related topic at this conference.
PAPER PRESENTATIONS / ALTERNATIVE FORMATS:
· Depending on the number of proposals accepted, each presenter will have about thirty minutes (30 min.) to present on the day of the pre-conference.
· For presentation proposals, submit: Name of author(s)/presenter(s); Affiliation(s); Mailing address(es); Email address(es); Phone number(s); Title of presentation; AV requests; and an Abstract (no more than 250 words) of the paper or alternative format presentation.
· Spacing, margins, font, and other formatting for all written submissions should follow AERC guidelines. See http://www.adulterc.org for guidelines on formatting for AERC conference papers.
· The deadline for submission of proposals for the LGBTQ&A Pre-Conference is April 15, 2007.
· A committee of the LGBTQ&A Caucus will review all proposals.
· Accepted authors will be notified by April 30, 2007.
· Criteria of judgment will include relevance of the proposal to the Pre-Conference theme, quality of submission, and significance of the topic to expanding our conceptualizations of adult education and advancing its inclusive possibilities.
· Please send proposals by email, in Microsoft WORD to:
Robert J. Hill (University of Georgia): firstname.lastname@example.org
· Accepted authors must submit (by email to Robert J. Hill) a written paper from three to six pages in length, single-spaced and following AERC guidelines, by May 21, 2007. The paper will be included in the Proceedings to be distributed at the Pre-conference.
· Cost of attending the pre-Conference is $10.00 (Canadian or US), payable on site.
LGBTQ&A CAUCUS INFORMATION:
In addition to the Pre-conference, the annual LGBTQ&A Caucus meeting will be held during the main AERC 2007 Conference. The time and location will be noted in the main conference schedule.